For over sixty years Georgia Carolina Manufacturing Company, Inc. has mixed cutting edge products with old-fashioned quality and service to customers located throughout Georgia and the Carolinas.
In October of 1947, using his GI Loan, Watson makes an offer to buy the Augusta operation from Mr. Britt. His offer is accepted. Upon the closing of the sale, Watson renames the company Georgia Carolina Ventilated Awning Company.
1950 - 1958
The company is renamed Georgia Carolina Manufacturing Company, Inc. The new name signifies the Company's expansion in its product line, extending beyond awning products. The company ventures into walkway covers, venetian blinds, windows and even self-launching boat trailers, a patented design held by Watson.
John R. Owen, Sr. is hired as a salesman for the Company. Under the tutelage of Watson, John becomes the leading salesman and helps the Company introduce many of its new building materials and products.
1990 - Present
After Watson's retirement from full time work in 1990, the company broadened its product line to include both exterior and interior projects, upholding its promise of quality no matter what the undertaking.